16895: LeGrace; Paintings Okap

From: LeGrace Benson <legrace@twcny.rr.com>

TO: Haitian Art Supporters
FROM: LeGrace Benson
RE: Some new paintings at HSA conference

At the Haitian Studies Association meeting this week at Florida
International
University, I will have a small number of excellent recent works by Cap
Haitien
artists.   Since I bring them rolled, they are unstretched and unframed
and I
can sell them for significantly reduced prices.  They range in size from
16"x20" oil or acrylic on canvas. Each artist has received fair price for
his
work. Special prices for this event range from $200 to $300 (US).

Profit from sales go for support of L'Ecole L'Amitie, a community school
in the
La Fossett district in Cap.Nineteen teachers have over 1000 students, and
are
quite proud that their sixth-graders (the oldest class) were semifinalists
in
the city-wide academic competition last school year. Documents for
Charter,
Board members, Income and expenditures of the school are available upon
request.

I will also bring photographs of larger works that are also available for
purchase. The profits from these go to L'Ecole L'Amitie as well.