16968: Marassas say we told you so and gives challenge to chamberlain (fwd)

From: DeSprit Marassa <lwasauvaj@hotmail.com>

Marassa just wanted to say that when we put things on the list we don't put
them lightly.
When we talked about Monsieur ED1 and drugs...we did so for a reason. and we
knew we was on the money.

quote from reuters story forwarded by chamberlain:
     "Elie Aubert, known in the politically troubled Caribbean nation as
"ED1" for his ED1 Construction company, was detained on the outskirts of the
Haitian capital and handed over to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
(DEA), said the Haiti-based official, who spoke on condition of anonymity."

and even though the Canadian embassy "claims they know no nothing" they
should be awfully embarassed that they didn't, if indeed they didn't.

It was very much "common knowledge" as are many of the "allegations" on this
llist. Which brings Desprit to Chamberlain. Constantly cries are made for
allegations to be proven or not be spoken...problem in haiti is that those
who would speak truth to power must necessarily weigh the cost and benefits
of doing so. Many of the reporters self-censor. Many realize that if it is
possible to kill the Agronomist and not only get away with it but profit
from it, how can a mid-level reporter, official, or police officer possibly
decide to throw away their lives for little or no gain. But then, it is easy
to sit in paris and new york and Montreal and criticize the lack of proofs,
rather than go to haiti and dig up a story. Mind you, one would no have to
dig since they lie all over the place.

Marassa, peace out