16988: CAROLE DEMESMIN'S HAITIAN HEROINE PROJECT GALA NIGHT IN NEW YORK (fwd)

From: Pascal Garoute <sakapfet@msn.com>

HAITIAN HEROINE PROJECT GALA NIGHT

 You are cordially invited to a

Cultural Gala and Dinner with

Carole Demesmin

Sunday November 23, 2004

Adria Hotel

220-33 Northern Boulevard

Bayside Queens NY

718-631-5900

Admission: $50

*Tickets can be purchased through me for the event.*

Greetings all,

200 years-this rings differently to each and everyone.

To one already with a link to Haiti, it will bring much. To fresh ears, it will
be our chance to teach, remind and reflect on what 1804 was all about. Granted
many find no value in celebrating, boule gra. Yet-my approach to the 2004
hoopla is from a different stand point. My culture is worth celebrating having
flourished for 200 years in Haiti.

In knowing more about any subject deeper, one gets to appreciate more of it. I
would hope that even if 'eyes' see little reasons for 'hearts' to be joyful in
terms of celebration due the many lacks we are so eager to point out blocking
the value of 2004-one perhaps would as I do find the achieved goal of 1804
worthy indeed of a ''Commemoration' ' in spite of the many unaccomplished
things since then.

I find plenty to celebrate as a daughter of Haiti. I find plenty to rejoice
thinking back of what was accomplished then. I rejoice in the bravour of the
men I call my ancestors. One must remove all emotions to capture that
indeed-these men gave us a people to care for.

They gave us a nation to protect. They gave us a land to cherish. They left us
a legacy to recognize, appreciate, love, honor, uplift, promote and preserve.

I find worth also in the culture that makes me keeps me Haitian. When I think
of my now culture having taken roots in Africa then dropped in Haiti is so well
imprinted on new ground to sustain who and what we are as a whole...I rejoice!
No where else in the world has Africa found better ground to flourish in terms
of culture then our country. So-since 1804, what was implanted is still
ours-intact.

With pride, if one or more knew really of their past, making them Haitians and
what they are all about, it would be easier to value what we HAVE today in
spite of what we do not still have.

And-on that,  I will rest my own known and celebrated history. "200 years of
culture" is engraved on the island of Haiti medallion hanging on my neck. That
is much to rejoice in what 2004 is about for me.

What has become of Haitian pride is a matter of a self mea culpa. I am
responsible for me and my duties towards my country. The collective gathering
will be one done on single ground respecting our differences, yet seeing and
visualizing its people finally thinking on the same plateau assisting
management and combine forces for the country's wellness.

Having passed beyond the pointing finger mark...let each and every one of us
make a concrete step towards a better understanding of Haiti. There is nothing
wrong in joining, collaborating, supporting and backing. Obviously, we all
can't lead.

If unable, unwilling or unready to lead...what is wrong with assisting?

May 2004 be more than just a few days of 'banboch.' May 2004 be not a year to
cash in on items tagged that to a number. May 2004 be a timely reminder of
taken for granted offerings in blood of courage and a will to be free. A moment
to reflect not so much on what we do not have in Haiti, but what have we done
to add to what is lacking.

May the year be the beginning for those late in the march!  May it be the
continuation on a path of pride in where we came from, where we are today and
we are heading...by making our OWN input count.

Join Carole on November 23rd if able at Adria Hotel for the Haitian Heroine
Project Gala, and every other community gatherings elevating our country, our
culture and its people.  For a better and stronger Haiti, not only for 2004,
but for as long as the country will be ours-let's make our participation count.

Boule gra,

Kafe/ Pascal Garoute

Boule gra,

Kafe

Want to check if your PC is virus-infected? Get a FREE computer virus scan
online from McAfee.