16990: (Hermantin) Sun-Sentinel-One-sided picture of Haitian news (fwd)

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

One-sided picture of Haitian news

Ricot Simeon
lauderhill
Posted October 18 2003

I am sick of reading negative news about Haiti. As a Haitian-American, I do
read and watch the Haitian media, which give information that is different
from the American media.

In the Haitian news media, they tell and write the good and bad information
about Haiti, which they are supposed to do. The American media writes only
about negativity.

The president of Haiti just built a thousand new homes for the homeless
living in Haiti. Do America's media write about that cause?

This is the main reason I stopped reading and watching the American media,
because they do not give every detail but what they want everybody to hear.

It is not fair, because most Americans do not know anything about Haiti so
when reading the negative information everyday Americans will view Haitians
as vicious people.

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account has exceeded
its 2MB storage limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es