17011: Dorcilien: Aristide Speech that We must Never Forget (fwd)

From: Nod Dorcilien <ndorcilien@yahoo.com>

Mr. Pierre Louis,

I believe you are right. Haiti was poor but was never
miserable. We have seen the worst in Haiti's entire
history with this government and the people don't have
that many five years to wait until ONE guy decide it
is okay to go. the first Haitian constitutional
article said "The Haitian people has the right to
pursuit Happiness" if a president or head of state is
unable to help get to that point in terms of
organizing the country for people to have security,
jobs, education and health care you must vacant the
position for capable individual to fulfill the
position. It is time that the capable individuals in
Haiti take back their positins in the Haitian society
and fulfill their duty. It is not fair for the country
to continue suffering for the sake of ONE guy. The
President had the opportunity to help united the
people of Haiti but instead he chooses to divided the
country and this is unacceptable. There is no society
who would accept such a call to violence and I hope
that we never forget that Violent Speech made by The
actual Haitian President

"Aristide's Famous "Pe Lebrun" (Burning people with
Tire) Speech
From: The Democratic Forum on Haiti
President Aristide's Speech Friday September 27, 1991

Brothers and sisters who are born in the bourgeoisie
in Haiti and who would not like to see the bourgeoisie
fighting the people, and you the people who would not
like to fight the bourgeoisie, but who know that the
bourgeoisie must conform (play) according to the rules
of the democratic game, today it's in the name of this
people, I come to tell you: Y O U who have money yet
who would not like to go live outside this country of
Haiti, you who would like to live in the country, when
you die, you won't take the money with you.

Put people to work. You must invest your money any old
way, so that more people can find work, for: if you
don't do it, I am sorry for you! It's not my fault,
you understand?

That money in your possession, it is not really yours.
You earned it in thievery; you carried it through bad
choices you made, under an evil regime, an evil
system, and in all other unsavory ways.

Today, seven months after February 7th, in this day
ending with the numeral 7, I give you a chance,
because you won't get two, nor three chances. It’s
only one chance that you'll get Otherwise, things
won't be good for you! (Shriek from people).

If I speak to you in that way, it's because I've given
you seven months to conform, and the seven months are
up to the day.

If I speak to you in that way, it's not because I have
forgotten that in days of justice (free wheeling
justice), they could have put all these thieves to
rout and grab whatever they now have, and which isn't
theirs anyway. If you don't understand what I meant I
invite you to understand. It's Creole that I am
speaking, Creole should be understood.

Now, whenever you are hungry, turn your eyes in the
direction of those people who aren't hungry. Whenever
you are out of work, turn your eyes in the direction
of those who can put people to work. Ask them why not?
What are you waiting for? Are you waiting for the sea
to dry up (He actually made a play on words, rhyming
"Tann" with "Pwa Tann" which means waiting for tender
beans to mature). Why don't you start? It's time for
you to start, because the country needs you, the
country needs us economically, so that we can do
better, twice as much.

Whenever you feel the heat of unemployment, whenever
the heat of the pavement begins to make you feel
awful, whenever you feel revolt inside you, turn your
eyes to the direction of those with the means. Ask
them why not? What are you waiting for? Why this long
wait? Are you waiting for the seas to dry up (the same
allusion as above)?

And if you catch a cat (the slang in Creole for
thief), if you catch a thief, if you catch a false,
Lavalassian (followers of the President), if you catch
a false...(he stopped right in the middle of the
word), if you catch one who shouldn't be there, don't
he-si-tate - to - give - them - what - they - deserve
(staccato for effect and repeated twice, and his voice
rising in a crescendo).

Your tool in hand, your instrument in hand, your
constitution in hand! Don't he - si-tate - to - give -
them - what - they - deserve.

Your equipment in hand, your trowel in hand, your
pencil in hand, your Constitution in hand, don't
he-si-tate - to - give - them - what - they - deserve.
The 291 (Article of the Constitution banning the
Tontons Macoutes from political life for 10 years) is
in the middle of the head where there is no hair (an
allusion to Roger Lafontant), and says: Macoute isn't
in the game. Macoute isn't in the game. Don't
he-si-tate - to - give - them- what - they - deserve.
Three days and three nights watching in front of the
National Penitentiary, if one escapes, don't
he-si-tate - to - give - them - what - they - deserve.
(Repeated twice)
Everywhere, in the four corners, we are watching, we
are praying, we are watching, we are praying, when you
catch one, don't he-si-tate - to - give - them - what
- they - de-serve.
What a beautiful tool! What a beautiful instrument!
What a beautiful piece of equipment! It's beautiful,
yes it's beautiful, it's cute, it's pretty, and its
smells good, wherever you go you want to inhale it.
Since the law of the country says Macoute isn't in the
game, whatever happens to them they deserve, he came
looking for trouble.
Again, under this flag of pride, under this flag of
dignity, under this same flag of solidarity, hand in
hand, one encouraging the other, one holding the
other's hand so that from this day forward, each one
will pick up this message of respect that I share with
you, this message of justice that I share with you, so
that the word ceases to be the word and becomes
action. With other actions in the economic field, I
throw the ball to you, you dribble it, you shoot,
shoot from before the penalty box, shoot on the goal
adroitly, because if the people don't find this ball
to hold it in the net, well, as I told you, it's not
my fault, it's you who will find what - you -
de-serve, according to what the Mother Law of the
country declares.
One alone, we are weak,
Together we are strong. Together together,
We are the flood. (Frenzy...!)
Do you feel proud!) (yeah... !)
Do you feel proud! (yeah... !)

We Must Never Forger.
Hate does not drive out Hate only love can...
"Dr.Martin Luther King"