17023: Taylor: Power struggle in Haiti (fwd)

From: Nick Taylor <nick@binaryheart.co.uk>

I am heading out into the Haitian countryside in about three weeks time.
There is no electricity where i am so i want to buy a generator and inverter
with enough power to run a laptop some lights and charge batteries. Could
anyone on the list advise me of a good place to buy in Haiti or should i buy
in the Dominican republic on my way over. And is there any other factors
that anyone knows that i should consider in my purchase such as fuel type?

Any response would be kindly recieved.

Regards
Nick Taylor