17040: Labrom: re 17018 Visitors to Haiti (fwd)

From: jacqui Labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

I am indeed simplifying things - when I talk about tourists, I'm talking
about people who come down with the sole purpose of seeing the country and
enjoying themselves.  They are not physically helping in anyway except with
their money when they spend it in hotels and buying artisanat and art. Their
aim is purely pleasure.

The mission groups are people who come with the main purpose to help
physically with a mission or an NGO.
I did not state that they were not worthwhile - I was a missionary a long
time ago.

I do tours for mission groups in order for them to understand the history of
Haiti, and where Haitians are coming from - in order for them to get a
better handle on how to work alongside the Haitian people.

Please do not read anything into my categorizing.

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

Look at our website: www.voyageslumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveler'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Los viajes para el turisto iluminado'

Office/home numbers: (509) 249-6177/557-0753