17150: Alex (re 17003) POSTPONED Haiti, History and the Hemisphere (fwd)

From: ali grrl <legb_a@hotmail.com>

Subject: Haiti Lecture with Michael Dash: POSTPONED

Jagan Baptista Lecture 2003 POSTPONED

THE LECTURE EVENT:

THE DISAPPEARING ISLAND: HAITI, HISTORY AND THE HEMISPHERE
WITH MICHAEL J. DASH

WILL NOT BE TAKING PLACE ON NOVEMBER 15, 2003
AS PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED

We regret to inform you that completely unexpected
circumstances, beyond the
control of the speaker or the organizers, have obliged us to
re-schedule this
event.

The event will take place at a later date, most likely in March
2004.  The new
date will be announced as soon as it is confirmed.  We hope you
will be able
to join us on the re-scheduled date, and we sincerely apologize
for any
inconvenience caused by this unanticipated change in plans.

Please help us to share the news of this postponement by
informing any of your
acquaintance who might have planned to attend.

Again, please accept our regrets and apology.  We look forward
to realizing
the event with your participation at a later date.

Marshall Beck
Acting Executive Director, CERLAC
on behalf of the Jagan-Baptista Planning Committee