17184: Dorce:Re: 17090: Vishnusurf: Re: 17087: Lyall: recent unrest (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 11/1/03 5:52:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
VISHNUSURF@aol.comwrites:

>> How interesting to read Lyall's disturbing report immediately after Ms.
 Ives's narrative about Washington allegedly destabilizing the Aristide
government!

 Just what is a blan to believe anymore? Did Washington pay people to beat up
 those who were planting trees? Are missionaries in Haiti not really tourists
 after all but the true supporters of chime yo?
 Ives would have us blame Washington for Titid's shortcomings. Doubtless,
 there is blame to be shared there.
>>...<<
seems to me that all funds should go to Aristide as earmarked and then we can
all see what kind of monument he builds on le Champs de Mars next. perhaps to
a constitutional ammendment that abolishes presidential term limits?
perhaps to TNH and all blan who have supported it over the years?
perhaps to pe jan mari? <<
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I guess a blan believes what he wants to believe.  If a blan is Republican,
he might believe that Aristide and Lavalas are criminals and should be
forcefully removed.  If he were not a Republican, he might think that the Convergence
(or whatever highfalutin' name they are using these days) was behind it to
further discredit Lavalas and Aristide.  So that the case for "regime change" can
be furthered.  Say a thing enough and it becomes true.  I have become such an
expert on this ploy from being an intimate observer of the Haitian tragedy
that I am keenly aware of it happening in the United States.  Many of my
compatriots do not see such machinations because they do not know Haiti and what has
been going on there.

It is part of the strategy to make any opposition to the propaganda seem
ridiculous and paranoid.  Like calling Kim Ives a Ms. for instance.  The continual
belittling of Karshan and Pena or anyone who defends the government.  The
non-stop repetition of the idea that Aristide is working to alter the
constitution to allow for unlimited presidential terms.  There has been no evidence that
that is the case, nothing but speculation from the same actors until it
becomes part of some people's "truth."
>>i, for one, am close to giving up trying to figure all of this KK out...<<
I wish to God that were true...

Kathy Dorce~