17197: Bell: refined Chime question (fwd)

From: "Bell, Madison" <mbell@goucher.edu>

To narrow it down: I'm aware of the shorthand definition of Chime as "Lavalas attaches" but it seems to me that they are less organized and less under the control of the government or anybody else than attaches or macoutes of the bad old days.  It also seems to me (seems= net result of all I've read and heard suggested) that there are lot of different groups with different agendas that get labeled Chime from time to time.

True, false? opinions? clarifications?

anyone who prefers can reply off-list: mbell@goucher.edu (sorry about the error message, my email is impaired not completely destroyed.

msb