17200: Bazile: Re: 17197: Pasoleil: Re: Adding fuel to debate in France: a vote for substance (fwd)

From: Dr. Emilio Bazile <ebazile@msn.com>

If I may say: The name Haiti was in fact Hayti is an Indian term means Land
Of Mountains;
As you the Indians was the owners of the
land as well as in all over the American continent until the arrival of the
Spaniards.
In Haiti[Hayti] because the Indian population was destroyed by diseases
brought by les Spaniards
 and most of all by the hard labor of slavery to work in gold mine
so in 1500 Las Casas, a priest suggested to replace them by the slaves from
Africa.
Now why do we say Haiti and not Hayti.Somebody else may answer.

Mounlazile