17229: Morse rambles on, again... (fwd)

From: OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

The biggest story over the last couple of months is the weather. I've seen the Carrefour Road turn into the Carrefour River. I've seen the Martissant section turn into the Martissant Lake. I've seen cars washed away in front of the hotel....
I saw an interesting piece of writing by Barbara Lee. I met with her once. She seemed star struck over a young doctor. Though her views on the Haitian situation are just plain ignorant, its good to know that some one is thinking of us in Washington. Her analysis of Haiti reminds me of Pres. Bush saying <Mission accomplished> a few months back. A bit out of the loop.
November is the Bicentennial month. Le Bataille de Vertiers. November 18. November is Gede Month. Good rhythms, good songs to commemorate the independence of a PEOPLE WHO CAME TO THIS LAND WITH NOTHING BUT PRAYERS AND CHAINS.
A Mr White called the hotel <Convergence Headquarters>. Thats funny, the Haitian Military used to call it the <Lavalas nest>. Why couldn't Mr White come up with something more creative like, <Vive! Michelle Montas Headquarters>, or <Free Press Headquaters> or <Let's stop the killing Headquarters>. Ah, it must be nice to live in Oakland or Washington and tell someone living in Haiti about Haiti.
In any case there is a horrible flu going around Port-au-Prince so take your shots or vitamin C before coming...
Richard Morse