17288: Anonymous: Re: 17270: Benodin: Charles Baker & David Apaid arrested (fwd)

Please post anonymously

I hope this is not true That relatives of Andy Apaid are being arrested.
Back when Aristide was running for president for the first time, I was full
of hope that he would do something for the country.  I could not understand
why my mother voted for someone else instead.  She had lived under every
Haitian president since the first American occupation.  She said that she
saw too many similarities between the personalities of Papa Doc and Aristide
and would not vote for him.  After he was elected, evicted, then reinstated,
I asked her if things were heading more like what she remembered from the
1960's.  She said that there was still one major difference.  She had lost
family and friends under Papa Doc. She said that under Papa Doc, you were
held accountable for whatever a brother, father, son, or any other family
member did.  Family members paid dearly for their relatives.  Aristide and
his cronies had yet to do anything like it.