17293: Henri: Re: 17277: Fuller: question on "Colobri" (fwd)

From: C. Henri <carolineislands@hotmail.com>

>Can anyone help with the meaning of Colobri or Kolobri? This is the
>nickname
>of the recently deceased Cite Soleil gang leader. I saw it one place as
>hummingbird, but I think that's not quite right. Thanks.
>
>Anne Fuller
>affuller3@yahoo.com

I think a hummingbird is 'wanganeges'.  My husband makes a whistling sound by
cupping his two hands together and blowing in the hole between his two thumbs
and he calls it "kolobri".   He learned this as a child, growing up in the
Artibonite Valley.

Is your computer infected with a virus? Find out with a FREE computer virus
scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!