17363: Saint-Vil Re: 17356: Greening of Peace in Vertieres 2004 (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Great observation Mr. White!

"Absent were ambassadors from France, the United States and the European
Union, who stayed away to protest the government's failure to stop Aristide
partisans from blocking a demonstration in the capital on Friday by civic
groups demanding government reforms."

One could also add that many folks in Haiti and in the diaspora criticized
the U.S. ambassador's official declaration of boykott against the
celebrations. I personally heard the many phone calls on
Port-au-Prince-based www.radyoginen.com (kat sou tab of November 18th) .
Many callers made sure to clarify that the U.S ambassador's attitude does
not necessarily reflect that of the American people towards the anti-slavery
celebrations currently taking place in Haiti. Certainly, Foley's bad (yet
historically logical) attitude does not honour the many African-Americans
and Euro-Americans who truly understand and value the events of November 18,
1803. I suppose, Ambassador Foley will now organize a "parallel" celebration
this coming Dec 5th with his nominated "parallel president of Haiti" -  for,
a few days,  it will be the 511th anniversary of our "discovery" by Columbus
the great!

Yes, Haiti continues to be a mirror that disturbs some ! But as President
Aristide's speech reminded us yesterday, yo pat ka fè dekabès ak doub sis,
alevwa alèkile pou yo ta fè l ak doub blan nan men yo !

Neither the right wing governments of Europe or of the United States of
North America shall stop Haiti's participation in the global struggle for
respect, restitution and reparations for a civilization of peace!

Amandla !

Jafrikayiti
«Depi nan Ginen bon nèg ap ede nèg!»
http://www.jafrikayiti.com