17360: Lucien: Solar cooking

From: Jean-Patrick Lucien <patlucien@yahoo.com>

Caroline is probably right, cooking can be a social gathering for women in
Haiti. I remember as a child I spent most of my summer vacations in rural
Haiti
(Torbeck/Charlette) and it was so much fun watching the women around the
kitchen. It was for them a way to relax and chat after a long day of
labor. (cooking is usually done in the afternoon)
Solar cookers could always be useful as one person here mentionned that it
was
used to dry food, It can also be used by institutions like rural schools
providing meal to children, churches, or large gathering or people selling
food
at the open market. Obviously we have  to take into account the cultural
aspect
of our people when bringing any new technology to the country.

Regards,

Jean-Patrick Lucien
EDEM Foundation, www.edem2.org