17445: Senou: Savannah Dec 6, 2003: Ground Breaking ceremony for the Haitian Monument (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Good News and we need to celebrate

The 200 years of Haiti will not pass without seeing
some serious accomplishments. The first major Haitian
accomplishment will take place in Savannah on December
6, 2003 for the groundbreaking ceremony of the
“Chasseur Volontaire of Saint Domingue” Monument.
Years ago, Mr. Daniel Fils-Aimé a Haitian National
brought that idea to light and today you are about to
see history in the making. The inauguration of the
monument will take place later next year and you will
have more information about it during the Atlanta
Convention that will take place in June 2004.

 6. To renew friendship with our American Friends and
inform the American public of the role our ancestors
played in the independence of this great Nation.
During the siege of Savannah on October 9, 1779,
without the intervention of our ancestors, the outcome
of the war could have been different. Our ancestors
fought fiercely in defending the coalition force.
---

My friends, yesterday is history no matter what had
happened, it was beautiful, it was awful, it was
painful this should be behind your back.
The questions you should ask yourself: What can you do
today to improve your life? What can you do today to
assist your community?

Not because something has never been done before that
you should not try. Each of you has the ability and
the capacity to make change in your life, in your
community, in your district, in your state, in your
country and in the world.

You are the only person who can believe in you, others
will trust you, but remember a famous quote from a
famous US President “Trust but verify” Ronald Reagan,
others will give you the benefice of the doubt but at
the end you have to prove it and live by it.
My friends, you are responsible for your own destiny.
The choice you make in life will dictate your future,
without any doubt you will be judged by the society
and that judgment will base solely by your action.
Again a famous quote from a famous Haitian writer “Nul
ne peut être jugé que par ses pairs” Janvier
My friends, you should stand somewhere and your
standings are linked to the principles that you
believe in, to your lifestyle, to your family
tradition and to your aspiration. Each of you has a
goal, it may be unachievable right now but you still
have one. Therefore, you should manage yourself and
act accordingly to reach that goal. Always believe in
yourself, keep your hope alive, don’t ever look back;
people will stand by you, people will work with you
but you have to give them a reason for.

I congratulate Mr. Daniel Fils-Aimé, Sr. for this
upcoming accomplishment, again He will need your
support, and each of you needs to have a brick with
your name on it. My friends, I don’t know him en blanc
et en noir and I don’t believe that He is a high
profile Haitian in the public perception but for me He
is a courageous Haitian National who is working hard
to portrait Haiti and Haitian Nationals positively.
Therefore, He has my support 100%.
Contact him at this address "Daniel Fils-Aime, Sr."
haitianhistory@hotmail.com
Contact Mr. Fils-Aime at dfilsaime@haitianhistory.org
http://www.haitianhistory.org/

Flash !!! Flash !!! The Atlanta Convention: June 2004
!!!
More info, just fire an Email to Alfred at
hcrinfor@hcronline.org

Joseph Alfred, Educator
P.O. BOX 334
Smyrna, GA 30081