17486: Pilling: Re: 17478: O'Brien : question about asymptomatic malaria (fwd)

From: Sara Pilling <sara.pilling@verizon.net>

Re the asymptomatic malaria  - I don't know about asymptomatic malaria but 4
years ago I came down with Dengue Fever. Fortunately, I was enroute home
when it struck and then spent one week in the hospital  - while the docs
scratched their heads over a diagnosis.

The point is that when the blood tests came back they indicated that I'd
already had dengue fever [at some point in the past] AND that was why I was
so sick this time and, [in their notsohumble opinion] ought NOT to ever
return to Haiti again. Nonsense!

Sara Pilling