17866: Laleau: Re: 17858: Ryan: RE: 17854: Uttley

From: NLaleau@aol.com

Dear Tim--Yes. If I thought a regime change would help, I too would hope
for
it... but the problem pervades the whole country and the whole government,
and
is influenced by Haiti's current and historical position in the world. A
change
of conscience needs to hit a whole lot of people before changing the
president
will help. Materialist theory says consciousness only changes when there
is a
sufficient material basis--an increase of wealth.  But which is the
chicken and
which is the egg? Without the change of consciousness from rabid
individualism
to social concern on the part of many people, where will economic change
come
from??? Are human beings carrying greed like the mosquitoes carries
malaria, or
do we create the greed? --nancy laleau