17881: White: Re: 17876: (Chamb...) MICHAEL NORTON can't stop lying (fwd)

From: Randall White <raw@haitiaction.org>

>From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>
>
>    By MICHAEL NORTON
>
>    PORT-AU-PRINCE, Jan 12 (AP) -- Haiti's parliament became powerless...
>
>    ...A spate of anti-government demonstrations in the past four months has
>left at least 46 people dead and more than 100 wounded. Both sides blame
>each other for the violence, but most of the deaths have been
>anti-government protesters.

(Sure would like to see that list of 46 and their affiliations posted here.)

TOTAL LIE, and everyone here knows it.

So does a recent delegation of real students* who have taken on the
project of exposing the intentional misrepresentations of Michael
Norton and AP. You don't have to believe me, just stay tuned.

This student group was at a demonstration that this Mr. Norton
reported on and was shocked to learn that the rumors of fabrication
by the corporate media understated the real truth.

They're young, angry and have lots of energy. They also know how to
research the facts and find out all sorts of hidden surprises. Life
should get more interesting for Mr. Norton. Other similarly inclined
Haiti stringers should take note.

RAW

*also looking forward to the full disclosure of the recent
demonstrations and violence perpetrated by right-wing "student
groups" that are far outnumbered by real students who are organizing
their response.