17906: Laleau: Re: 17868: Louissant: RE: 17965: Lonbrit: taxes

From: NLaleau@aol.com

Dear Paul--I know you're correct--that just paying the taxes isn't a
sufficient
solution... that the institutionally corrupt tax-receivers are part of the
problem. And I surely don't think that just because you are currently
living in
the States in (relative) comfort as I do, that you don't have the right to
an
opinion... I am extremely careful where my hard-earned dollars go in
Haiti. And
like you I also am beginning to think that a big part of the solution to
Haiti's dilemma rests on those who "escaped" geographically. They have the
experience in both worlds that creates the "rising expectations" that
prepare
the foundation for demanding a better future, and also provide some of the
means necessary to create it. --nancy laleau