17909: LOCCM: insurance in Haiti

From: LOCCM@aol.com

I have a question.  I have to buy insurance for four vehicles in Haiti
which costs me about $85 for each one.  They have never paid for any wreck
when the accident was caused by my drivers and have never paid for damages
to my vehicles when another driver insured by them was at fault.  I don't
know how many vehicles there are in Haiti but suppose there are 20,000,
50,000  or more.  Do the math.  Has anyone had experience where this
insurance worked?

John Hawthorn