17935: MJProcopio: Haitian classical and religious music (fwd)

From: MJPROCOPIO@aol.com

I just purchase a CD from Claude Dauphin at the University of Montreal with several pieces by Haitian composers, including Carmen Brouard, Werner Jaegerhuber and Justin Elie.  Unfortunately, I can't recall the title of the recording (I've lent it to a friend), but if Bernard contacts Dr. Dauphin (dauphin.claude@uqam.ca) he can get more information.

I would also suggest he contact Dr. Michael Largey at Michigan State University (largey@msu.edu).  Michael's area of specialization is Haitian art music.  I'm guessing that if there are other recordings out there, he would know about them.

bon jounen,

Mary Procopio