17971: Laleau: Re: 17961: Ray: 17950: Burnham: RE: 17943:

From: NLaleau@aol.com

Dear Matt--I totally agree with you and stated my position in today's
List.
Also--I'm a counselor-family therapist in a primarily working-class area
that
also serves as a "bedroom community" for the high-tech sector of San Jose.
My
clients are a huge mix from overworked and underpaid Mexican agricultural
workers to overworked and overpaid Silicon Valley high tech and finance
workers
who live in the local gated community 50 miles south of SJ... I wish I
could
have the Silicon Valley employees  go to Haiti to get their lives and
their
problems into perspective... Do people like this ever join your missions
Haiti??? These upper-income Americans seem more spiritually impoverished
than
most Haitians and would hugely benefit from an infusion of humanity,
compassion, and brotherhood. --nlaleau