18037: Tell P, Christie... : Serge Pierre-Louis

From: Serge Pierre-Louis <sergepierrelouis@journalist.com>

Tell him

  We must tell it the way it is to Perry Christie, the PM of <?xml:namespace
prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Bahamas:

Ours schools are closed since mid-December 2003. The State University, since
December, 5th is troubled, when thugs, launched by Aristide, had broken both
knees of the Chancellor (Rector) Pierre-Marie Paquiot, inside one of the
Faculties: Human Sciences. Paquiot is receiving treatment now in a New Orleans
hospital. Our schools are closed, and the regime does not have the capability,
or the credibility to reopen them. The teachers, professors and students are
determined to go all the way to obtain the resignation of Aristide.  The
parents understand and agree that we must put an end to impunity and corruption
once and for all. Aristide has no popularity. He is persecuting the media. He
sent militiamen to break transmitters of several independent radio stations,
13th of January. His chimè keep on harassing media and journalists nights and
days. While I am writing this, Caraibes FM does not know where to go. Tell
Perry Christie and other CARICOM or CBC (black caucus) the unacceptable is
behind us: Aristide is nothing but a “has been”… (Serge Pierre-Louis, Haiti
2004-01-19)