18076: (Hermantin) Miami-Herald-Letter to the Editor-Haiti hypocrisy (fwd)

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

Posted on Wed, Jan. 21, 2004

Haiti hypocrisy

I wholeheartedly agree with Jim DeFede's Jan. 4 column, Fair elections must
be Haiti's next milestone.

Haitian President Jean-Bertrand Aristide has made mistakes. But he isn't
solely responsible for the current quagmire.

I am skeptical of the opposition leaders' motives. Many of them turned a
blind eye to the atrocities of the Duvalier regime because it was convenient
and profitable for them to do so.

AMOS PROSPERE, Miami

High-speed users—be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet