18159: anonymous: Re: 18123: Acasanty: Regime change (fwd)

Date      : Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:47:07 -0600 (CST)
Subject : 18123: Acasanty:  Regime change

"
>HOW MUCH DOES THE SECURITY COMPANY
>CHARGE THE STATE TO PROTECT ARISTIDE?
>HOW MUCH IS SPENT ON HEALTH AND EDUCATION ?"

Security Company pays its staff some US 12,000 monthly in Afghanistan...

We can suppose salary is lower in Haiti for the service of President Aristide is less dangerous : Haitian culture is far from pushing to suicide-bombing...

The company has a 22 staff in Port-au-Prince...
An estimate 9,000 monthly salary would give
9,000 x 22 x 12 = 2,376,000 US a year for salaries...

But one would guess the company does not charge Haiti only with the salaries...
Housing is at a very good hotel in Petion-Ville... lets imagine a deal at 1000 a month:
We would have 22000 x 12 = 264,000 more every year...

Company very probably provides his staff with good life and health insurance... and very probably the plane tickets to visit home... To keep it low, lets say the company invests some 500 more monthly for each staff member... That gives a 132,000 more yearly...

We are at a 2,376,000 + 264,000 + 132,000 = US 2,772,000 a year...
The company being not a charity trust, a 50% overhead seems a minimum...
Here 1,386,000 on top of this...

We have a US 4,168,000...
Far less than the 8 millions usually alleged... but still something that could perhaps be used in providing a general bettering of the education or health in Haiti...

Hum... I have forhotten the copter, the cars, provided by National Palace, the weapons...
And the white doves regularly reimplaced in Commissariat Antigang while the not white are regularly shot [what does Greenpeace say here?]... And the India blue Peafowls recently acquired as the living ornament of National Palace green...

Not to speak about the very large auto-celebrating portraits of a Savior-prophetlike President...

Some say Haiti is a poor country... It would be more accurate to say Haiti is a country with too many poors... but not without money... Oh no!!!

True that Haitian People can learn his letters decifering the Gospel-like verses printed around mega-pictures of the Beloved One President-King for "5-if-you-don't-want-10-years-and-forever".
Large portraits on adds 40 feet wide that will soon destroy in Port-au-Prince what the concrete shantytowns left green beautifull and attractive for the tourist... and the locals, because perhaps Haitian People has also the right to live in a beautifull country, and to be proud of its Capital.

Quod barbaros non fecerunt, Titid fecit!