18228: Loveayiti:RE: 18217: Holmstead: Re: 18206: White: Marguerite Laurent, Esq. (fwd)

From: love haiti <loveayiti@hotmail.com>

>From: John Holmstead
>

>I tend to find Ms. Laurent's version more plausible if

>for no other reason then she has the courage to use

>her real name. She chose not to throw out theories and

>mud pies from a behind a screen of anonymity. I tend

>to give more weight to those who are unafraid to do

>the same. It is not meant as an insult just as a

>personal benchmark for separating myth from reality

>during these difficult times in Haiti. One is clearly

>more difficult while the other is far too easy.

My comment on Ms. Laurent was based on tendency of the US left to blame just
about everyone for the bad press Aristide is receiving internationally. Does
not matter if it's NPR or CNN, if they criticize Aristide they must me wrong or
simply naive. Your comment on anonymous posting is an interesting one which is
I have seen here before...Maybe you should save it for some of the recent list
members who have recently been attacked in Haiti or had their family arrested
for joining an opposition March.

Naive is thinking that you can criticize this government or in fact any
government over the past 100 years and not have someone pay the price.
Personally, I live in the United States and nothing can happen to me...However,
I am not prepared to jeopardize family in Haiti. This may come as a surprise to
some Haiti watchers or lovers...freedom of speech, like you have in the US, has
never existed in Haiti. Yes, some may speak out and not worry about
others, others may have un-recognizable names or name found among many
families.

If anyone thinks they will get the truth about Haiti on a public forum from
Haitians with "everyone" signing their name...I have some swamp land in Florida
for them.

Find high-speed ‘net deals — comparison-shop your local providers here.