18250: Mamahaiti1: My next trip to Haiti

From: Mamahaiti1@cs.com

I have questions.  I am part of a group that travels to Haiti each year.
know from experience over the many years that I have been traveling to
Haiti to
not believe all that I read from what the news media reports about Haiti.

What I would like to know from anyone that has been traveling over these
recent
months to Haiti especially those traveling between Port au Prince,
Gonaives,
Ennery and Okap how situations are.

My next trip is planned for May 3 and I will be staying in these areas.
Also,
is it true that schools have been closed in Haiti since December?  Is this
in
all of Haiti or in certain areas.  I spoke to friends in Ennery and
learned
this is the situation there.

Appreciate knowing.  I can be emailed at: mamaHaiti1@cs.com

Mesi Anpil