18292: tou_dwat : RE: 18258: (Chamberlain) Blanchet-Kurzban exchange (fwd)

From: tou dwat <tou_dwat@hotmail.com>

Dear list,

Craig, I'm not sure if you were in PAP for the feb7 inauguration or the
november election.... But I know chatting with you during that year that you
were aware that the vast majority effectively voted on november 7th.

At that time, I was training loan officers on how to make busness with the
ti-machans for a local bank. My back-office was on rue du quai, my office,
Hypolite, fer, tet-boeuf, salomon, cathédrale, belair... you get the point, my
office was the area were americains said it was to dangerous to hang around, so
what do they know.. May I recall you that I dorve around journalist form the
herald, bbc, nytimes during the election and on the night of the 7-8 niovember
were we attended sponteneous celebration on des Salines... These elections were
alive, the majority participated and most protected their hoods fearing a coup

Craig don't you remember or haven't you got some feedback form collegues ?
Remember some of these collegues didn't undestand why the Oloffson was taken as
an evacuation site for american that night and confronted the mercenaries that
took position in the hotel ? they confronted them because it was a festive
night on the town and that seemed the piss off the international community...

remember the pipe bombs and the drive by shooting the days preceding the
elections ? lost a few clients in these attacks, I bet a few fingers these
didn't come from pro-titide gangs... it makes no sense how ever you
may consider it....

finally on that 5 % participation.... funny how the american intelligence
falled back on teenage girls volonteers form the state who spoke no creole to
get a picture of the election on street level in the red zone...

I challenge anyone to tell me other wise on what happened that day... Aristide
was voted in despite fears of a recoup.... by the vast majority... anybody that
implies otherwise loses it credebility....

Fabrice Bosom