18309: White: CENSORED: Civil War, PR Disaster or kairos? (fwd)

From: Randall White <raw@haitiaction.org>

It all started late afternoon-arriving in our eMail 6:11 PM
CST)-yesterday with an ominous anonymous message to Corbett's List
(18280):

<< The Police Commissariat in Gonaives has fallen to the Armee Cannibale
today, Thursday Feb.5, 2004.  The government forces/police were obliged to
retreat.  There may be dead...there may even be "many" dead.>>

The usual suspects (the regular hacks to this esteemed Haiti insiders
listserv) began got busy working the spin...

In the morning the highly predictable, "unbalanced" reports came in
from the Reuters and AP. The biggest surprise-to me, at least-was
Charles Arthur (18245):

<< Marvellous how the mainstream media -- in this case Associated Press and its
correspondent Mike Norton, and AFP and its correspondent Dominique Levanti --
are able to file reports on the 'fall of Gonaives' dated 6 February without
once mentioning Jean Pierre, aka Tatoune, for their "own Greater Ideological
Convenience"...>>

Congratulations Charles! How these correspondents are actually
getting paid by the corporate media, is beyond me. Who else is paying
them to fabricate this misinformation is a high form of entertainment
and conjecture to the InCrowd on CiaoNet -
http://www.ciaonet.org/wps/car08/ Feelin Lucky?

Of course they left out Jean Tatoune-titular head of the formerly
incarcerated FRAPH death squad members-the corporate media's role
here is to discredit the effectiveness of the Haitian government, not
pump the egos of "the rabble." To do so might encourage folks to look
closer at the "End Game" that has been playing out since September 21
when Amiot Metayer was slain and the opposition blamed Aristide for
the killing.

The real set-up for this "End-Game" began when Amiot was sprung.
Ostensibly, it was to get the former-Coup era proAristide-hero
popular support for the prison break that, coincidently, released
many former FRAPH minions. (Now, that couldn't have been the *real*
subplot? NAH!) But they got the popular support then "cleaned up the
mess" by assassinating Amiot Metayer-who was getting wise-and got
Michael Norton's help in framing President Aristide and Fanmi Lavalas
for this murder.

Yesterday, when they completed the task of springing the rest of the
FRAPH prisoners-under the cover of civil unrest-they made the next
move to unleash a malignant spirit of Biblical proportions...

Back on the Corbett List, ... (18287)-Dailey  ...:

<<... Can it be that everyone, and I mean everyone...takes it for
granted that he is lying and has no intention of honoring his
commitments to Caricom? That Aristide means to chump off his last
remaining international ally for the sake of a month or so of
breathing room and is still hoping to win back the streets?

After watching his Captain Queeg-like performance on CNN last night I'm not
sure what to think. ... I am willing to put my earlier misgivings to
the side and
tell him the way to do this:

"Titid! The first step towards ending chimere violence is to stop paying
them. Next, call a meeting of your cabinet and advisors. When it is over ask
your marassa...>>

Sheesh!!! But the Bible has all sorts of characters. Some people live
by the Bible, and other play out their roles, and live within the
Bible.

The mockery of this and the Opposition's desecration of important
Haiti Liberation dates-November 14; December 5 and tomorrow's
February 7 reminded me of Psalms 42 (oh yes, I'm really gonna do
this), especially verses 9-11:

  "I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I
mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?  As with a sword in
my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say *Dailey* unto me,
Where is thy God?  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art
thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise
him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." Psalms 42:9-11
KJV

But-quoting my favorite author-"deception is the next best thing to
Truth." Peter was right to bring in the role-or should I say
"credibility"-of CARICOM into his audition. With the risk of
appearing naive (wouldn't be the first time) or-even
worse-presumptuous, I just have to ask:

How can the Caribbean governments make any commitments to this
organization when it doesn't include CUBA? That's the same Cuba who
has sent over 700 of it's *medical* doctors to Haiti and (I heard,
but haven't checked) 10,000 doctors to Venezuela. CARICOM, just like
the OAS has a mission to implement current U.S. foreign polity-oops-I
mean, POLICY. What doctors are the Bush administration sending into
the region?

Well, for one, Ira Lownthal PhD. (and CARICOM/OAS cheerleader) who
wrote his thesis on how to disparage the Haitian family:

He's come a long ways with his writing. He's now publishing on the
prestigious WeHaitians.com. Take a good look at this section in his
Machiavellian policy paper:

<< III. The Abiding U.S. Interest in Haiti 5 (sic)

The IRI's Georges Fauriol has aptly captured this overriding U.S.
interest in a deceptively simple goal statement: "Foster modern
governance [in Haiti] through a democratically competitive political
environment." But therein lies the rub, of course. For beyond this
clarity of purpose, there has been nothing fortunate about recent
U.S. Haiti policy experience at all, and certainly nothing that is
terribly clear-in terms of how, precisely, to go about achieving such
a laudable objective at this point.

After more than two years of stalemate and ever-deepening division
over the illegitimate results of the May 2000 legislative and local
elections, it hardly takes a Svengali to see that a new,
unimpeachably free-and-fair elections are going to be a necessary
first step in resuming Haiti's long-interrupted and clumsy march
toward some semblance of democracy. It may well require a Houdini,
however, to slip the chains of Haitian traditional political culture
and actually bring them off.>>

http://www.wehaitians.com/policy%20paper%202002.html

Is it just me, or do you see a bit more behind-"Foster modern
governance [in Haiti] through a democratically competitive political
environment."-than they want the average world citizen to pay
attention to?

Like I said before, this scenario "[in Haiti]" is taking longer than
they planned. Ira has moved on to "Fostering modern governance [in
JAMAICA!!!]" Yes they do have a regional design. Feelin Lucky?

Luck won't do you any good if The Good Lord has anything to say about
this, and he does.

The Haitian People are nervous about what machinations this legion
wants to unleash in commemoration of February 7.

"The darkest hour is just before day."

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth." Psalms
121:1-2 KJV

The NonViolent drums of Peace are signaling from the hills:

"WE WILL BEND, BUT NOT BREAK!!!"

As Mordecai prayed, so will I...

Blessings,

RAW