18383: kebyesou: on Haiti

Note: kebyesou is not a list member, he can be contacted directly at
kebyesou@aol.com

As a Haitian, it is my responsibility is to build and develop my country.
It's disturbing when I travel to other countries and see how they have
developed
-- they're pretty, people respect each other -- and Haiti declared its
independence before them. Look at the difference between the United States,
which has
235 years of independence, and Haiti which has 200.

When others speak of Haiti they only use negative words -- criminal,
violence
-- and I think Haitians need to take  responsible for this. We are
responsible for our own country.

Why, to resolve our problems, do we have to use crime and violence? There
are
a lot of things the government has done that we don't agree with. The same
goes for the "opposition." Is getting rid of a president the solution? After
that, what leader do we have? We don't have any leaders. The sign of a good
leader is to develop leadership.
As long as our way of politics is paying off people, we will never advance
our cause.

When you take someone like Andre Apaid, who manages $150-200,000,000 in
Haiti, do people who work for him have the possibility to really take care
of
themselves -- feed themselves, send their kids to school. Are they paid well
enough
to have a decent place to live?

When you take someone like Lolo, Boukman Experyans, someone whom I've known
for more than 20 years, who hides when he's eating so he doesn't have to
share
his food, is this the kind of person we want as our leader? After 1986 many
of
the defacto governments supported Lolo for Carnival. He was an employee of
the Minister of Environment for Lavalas, along with his wife during
Aristide's
second term. How is it that in a house on Canape Vert he was paying people
American money to participate in demonstrations. Word has it that the money
was
from the European Union.

Every time people pay others to demonstrate, they are exploiting people's
poverty. Why can't we use this money to build hospitals, schools, centers
for
children, electricity. Why are we using this money to pay people to commit
crimes? In this sense we can remove all the sour oranges without paying for
crime.

I am not for Aristide, Aristide, Convergence, 184. I am a Haitian who loves
my country. When I see how other countries are beautiful, I spend my days
crying for Haiti.

Please, all of you bann zoranj pouri, give Haiti a chance so that it doesn't
spoil all the other fruit. If a person puts their ten fingers together to
help
the country, I will applaud them. But if a person commits crime, works to
divide and destroy, I can't support that. This is the voice of the Third
Clan.

What would be best is one day, to wake up in my bed, and hear news on the
radio, I see on the television, read in the papers that everyone is working
together to develop our country, where everyone offers what they can for and
Haiti. That would make me so happy, and I believe it would make the Haitian
people happy, too. We are tired of hearing news that speaks only of crime.

This is why, the Third Clan denounced all the crime happening in the
country.
We are making the rest of the world look at us like we are Satan. But we are
not. We are a great people, and if I understand correctly, Christopher
Columbus discovered a continent called Ayiti. What an embarrasment for Ti
Lolit Yo,
what an embarrasment for Sanmannan Yo. We shouldn't use the poverty of a
people
to do things they shouldn't do.

Mete grenn nan bounda nou pou fe yon sel batay nou fini.

Ban lash. Neither the opposition nor the government is respecting its own
country.
Ayiti Cheri.

The Third Clan would like to demonstrate for reforestation, build roads,
sewers, electricity, more hospitals, schools, an infrastructure, and return
to the
way we used to live. Where one person says bonjour to another every day,
asked about their family and their health. We must work together to
reeducate the
Haitian people.

Merci Pep Ayisyen pou konprehensyon ou.

-Kebyesou Danle
Kebyesou@aol.com

Let the advanced features & services of MSN Internet Software maximize your
online time. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200363ave/direct/01/