18471: O'Brien: "report" from FLRN (fwd)

From: Martha O'Brien <mmcpeob@earthlink.net>

When I checked my e-mail this morning, I was rather surprised to receive
the following "report" on my school e-mail--not the account that I use for
this list but one where I used to receive the Corbett mailings and still
receive some mail from a couple of other Haiti-based organizations,
businesses, etc.  The address used was one which is no longer current but
which, apparently, still works.  In other words, this group has "harvested"
a mailing list from somewhere and is using it to spread its message.  The
original post was in both French and English (but not in Kreyol....which I
thought was interesting.)

Has anyone else received similar messages?

Martha O'Brien

NATIONAL LIBERATION
AND RECONSTRUCTION FRONT
(N.L.R.F)

February 9 2004, Year two hundred and fourth of our Independence

The Haitian people, scoffed at, humiliated and oppressed, have decided to
take into their hands their own destiny. No more speeches, promises,
projects, hard lucks, "rocks in water vs. rocks in the sun". We have
decided that we will no longer be hopeless and will conquer our hope
ourselves. In 1986, we thought that we had been liberated. We had
everything but our freedom. After eighteen years of suffering and
frustration, our patience is exhausted.

We constitute ourselves as the

Le Front pour la Lib?ration et la Reconstruction Nationales
(FLRN)
National Liberation and Reconstruction Front
(NLRF)

Our movement is comprised of all cities, and localities that have already
been liberated, in the process of being liberated and all the cities and
localities to be liberated.

The Haitian Revolution is marching on.

Our objectives are simple:
1. To rid the country of the Lavalas tyranny and dictatorship.
2. To coordinate and structure, through the Council of the NLRF, the
movement for National Liberation and Reconstruction.
3. To tackle, through the Social and Economic Administrative Committee, the
urgent problems, which are rising in the liberated cities and localities,
particularly those connected with matters of security.
4. To create and set in motion the mechanism to put the people to work, in
the shortest possible time, in order to remedy widespread unemployment,
hunger, at the same time, parasitism.
5. To strengthen our relations with our international allies and friends on
the basis of friendship, responsibility and mutual respect.
We are asking all Haitians, both living in Haiti and in the Diaspora and to
all friends of Haiti around the world to give us their most active support
in order to help us attain those objectives, enabling us to bring-off to
all our fellow citizens the true freedom and the happiness which they
deserve.
The following cities have been liberated:
Gona?ves
Marchand-Dessalines
Liancourt
Limb?