18479: Laleau: Re: 18341: Neil: RE: 18374: Laleau: Population of Gonaives

From: NLaleau@aol.com

Dear Neil -- Thank you. What's your source? I guess the variety of
opinions on
the population of Gonaives illustrates the difficulty of separating the
wheat
from the chaff in Haiti stories... when any number can be posted from
200,000.

And as in another post (not one of yours) someone described St. Marc as "a
dirt
poor" town in Haiti, it also made me wonder which town in Haiti might not
be
described as "dirt poor"?  Petion-Ville? And even that depends on which
part of
town you are standing in. --nlaleau