18517: McCalla: RE: 18492: Esser: Re: 18453: Simidor: Give Haiti a chance (fwd)

From: Jocelyn McCalla <makala99@yahoo.com>

Re: 2000 electoral results

Thanks for referring to the charts that are posted on the web site. They are
indeed quite informative. They tell us that the parliamentary elections
held, I believe in July 2000, and the presidential elections held, again I
believe in late November or December 2000, had the exact same number of
registered voters and voter turnout, percentages included. Wow! For Haitians
to have achieved this feat twice in a row is simply amazing! It's a real
testimony to the ingenuity, determination and skills of the electoral
commission, isn't it? With such assets, we shall have no fear. Despite the
abyss to which the country has descended since then, Haitians will be able
to fix the country in no time flat... the numbers will be there to prove it!

-JM