18548: Simidor's last reply to Esser (fwd)

From: Daniel Simidor <karioka9@mail.arczip.com>

This my last and hopefully brief reply to Mr. Esser, who obviously has his mind made up on a subject he knows so poorly:

1.  No, I do not regard Haiti-Progrès as independent.  Much like the other weekly, Haiti-en-Marche, it is very much in bed with Lavalas.

2.  I said “some 20 so-called independent observers,” Esser says 30.  A minor and quantitative difference.  The leader of the US delegation admitted at the time that their numbers would have been inconsequential, if not for the dramatic KOZEPEP deployment.  The point is that the 5,000 so-called independent KOZEPEP observers was an obvious fabrication or exaggeration.  Got it?

3.  Voter turnout for the May 2000 legislative elections was verifiably massive.  Why would anyone question that?  What people question is the massive fraud perpetrated by the Lavalas ruling party that goes well beyond the fix on 7 senatorial seats.

4.  Quoting from the websites of various organizations on the work they claim to do is not terribly objective, is it?  BTW, I do not question the good work these organizations do in other arenas.  It’s just that in this particular case (the Nov. 26 elections), they were obviously bamboozled, but are too arrogant and/or self-serving to admit it.

5.  You quote a report from one Guy Antoine as been more credible than the mainstream press.  Would this be the same Guy Antoine who is a known Lavalas supporter with obvious material connections with the Lavalas ruling party?

6.  You also write that Preval and Jean Dominique “founded Kozepep, a peasant organization that could congregate thousands of peasants for political meetings.”  And you bravely infer that a) KOZEPEP was not a Lavalas creation, and b) that they actually deployed thousands of independent observers in elections that Lavalas won fairly and squarely by a 98% margin.  Boy, do I have a special deal for you on the 59th Street Bridge!  PS, a note to the general reader: peasants flocked to the Preval/Dominique/KOZEPEP meetings because rumors of land distribution were often floated ahead of time, in order to boost attendance!

7.  The Dec. 2003 KOZEPEP call for a political compromise is such a moving, and loving, and touching, and well-intentioned act.  Really. (Yawn)

“Mask no difficulty.  Tell no lie.  Claim no easy victory.”
(Amilcar Cabral)

Daniel Simidor