18546: Pierre-Louis: The Herald, the Post, Fred Mitchell (fwd)

From: Serge Pierre-Louis <sergepierrelouis@journalist.com>

I wrote, Feb. 6, a short letter to the Herald after having read an opinion in
which I noted two things: a) they think Aristide was democratically elected. b)
They support CARICOM initiative. I am about to send the same remarks to Wash.
Post. A certain Fred Mitchell might be interested.

Dear Editor,

I feel the obligation –you may know why- to say a few words:

1) While you were writing the Feb. 5 opinion about Haiti, 3rd City/Commune
Gonaïves was falling. All people are on the streets rejoicing.

2) Other Communes (at least five so far) have followed.

3) You could have been misled, because M. Aristide in year 2000 was not legally
elected; He staged a farce. That is the reason why OAS, USA, EU did not observe
the farce for which fewer than 8% went to the polls.

 M. Aristide was popular, very popular in 1990. But in politics, popularity is
not eternal. You and I have to admit it. Whether M. Aristide is emotionally,
mentally capable to accept or not!

Jacmel,  Feb. 6, 2004

--

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com