18570: Wharram to Simidor re. Antoine : Corbett adds

From: Bruce Wharram <bruce.wharram@sev.org>

Mr. Simidor,
It would appear to me that you have a great big burr under your saddle -
what's the problem lately?  I really do not understand your purpose in
slandering Guy Antoine, as well as your numerous other negative comments to
Corbett.  In my humble opinion, Mr. Antoine truly loves Haiti and is
desirous in seeing that democracy can become a reality.  If you, sir, also
might have this same desire, how can you justify removing the democratically
elected president under other than democratic means?

Sincerely,
Bruce Wharram

==========

Corbett adds:

Daniel, I too was most surprised to read you allegation.  AS you know
since you've been on the list for ages, Guy used to be one of our most
frequent posters, and a very responsible and interesting one, even utterly
hilarious with his annual Christmas spoof as well.

I've had the chance to get to know Guy, meeting him in person in Atlanta
at the Haitian Studies Association meetings and following up with him for
years on-line.

I think the evidence points to a man with profound love of Haiti, an
honest, intelligent man who is ANYTHING but some sort of conspirator or
hanger-on to those in power.

I think you have done Guy a most unearned disservice.  I wish you would
withdraw that comment.

Bob Corbett