18580: Pierre Jean Re: 18406: ANDRE APAID IS HAITIAN plus a Postscript (fwd)

From: Pierre Jean <pierrejean2004@yahoo.com>

Then it is very interesting that Mr. Apaid's passport
would be renewed not once but twice under Lavalas rule
when he was not seen as a threat. But now, all of a
sudden, when he is the leader of 184, he cannot renew
his passport.

Ms. Laurent -

I am not attacking your credentials as a lawyer. In
fact I will invite you to opine on even more
interesting cases. The following individuals:

+ Jean-Gerard Dubreuil - Secretary of State of Public
Security
+ Hermann Nau - Secretary of State of Youth and Sports
+ Gabriel Zephir - former Directeur General of the
Ministry of Commerce
+ Wilner Content - former Senator (or Congressmen? I
cannot remember) of the Southeast

are all US citizens. Yet they also travel with Haitian
diplomatic passports (or used to) since they were
government officials. Is that legal?

I am not sure about the answer to that question, but I
welcome a reasoned response. I guess I don't know
enough about the difference between a regular passport
and a diplomatic one.