18609: Saint-Vil re: Simidor's unjustr attack on Antoine's credibility RE: 18602: (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

As was to be expected Simidor refuses to acknowledge that he had unfairly and
unjustly attempted to slander Guy's good name. Now instead of ‘known Lavalas
supporter with obvious material connections with the Lavalas ruling party?’
Simidor speaks of “Good Guy”. All of this in a desperate effort to make a
logical truth appear like falsehood. Why?

Like other folks on this list, I had the honour of meeting Guy via the
internet, then in person. I have read most of his published writings - some of
which are on his website to this very moment. And, they all give testimony of a
man devoted to his people, true to himself and capable of indepth critical
analysis. That one does not run around in the company of the wiser kind busy
screeming 'down with Aristide' on every hill top and every internet forum, does
not make one an 'agent' of the 'axis of evil in the caribbean'.  It's still a
relatively free world, after all.

Slander put aside Mr. Simidor, can you please explain to us why you find it so
hard to believe that the voter turn-out was as reported by Guy Antoine and by
the other observers who were there on November 26, 2000?<?xml:namespace prefix
= o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Can you identify any logical reasons why Haitians would have all forgotten by
then that Jean-Bertrand Aristide, the only political leader they had trusted
since 1990, had not been allowed to serve his full 5 year mandate and that this
was their last chance to experience a complete presidential mandate with him.
Wasn’t Fanmi Lavalas at the time ‘the’ political party with a truly national
membership? What did the polls predict before the election? Can you even
identify who was the second (after Aristide) most popular political leader in
the country at the time of these elections?  If we had such a person in the
running in November 2000, I would be ready to lend an ear to your objections.
But, as they stand now, your arguments sound very much like the desperate words
of ‘yesterday leftists’ trying to rationalize their writing to Jesse Helms for
help and marching behind Andy Apaid, Himler Rébu and Danny Toussaint to demand
the duly elected president’s resignation (diet- coup d’etat ?!).

Brother, why is it so difficult to trust the wisdom of the Haitian majority for
short periods of 5 years at a time?

Jafrikayiti

«Depi nan Ginen bon nèg ap ede nèg!»
http://www.jafrikayiti.com