18721: Marina: DISCLOSURE of All funding information (fwd)

From: Marina <marinawus@yahoo.com>

Erzili Dantor:

Thank you for the precision of the information you
provided on the Opposition Parties. I--and I am sure
many others on the list--are appreciative.

I have been following your posts and exchanges with
many on this list and have seen you come up with facts
and references about many topics on the list
particularly when LAVALAS is attacked.

For instance you have gone to GREAT lenghts to address
the issue of "citizenship" of Mr. Apaid.

Now we have very interesting topic and one that I have
great interest in as well as many young
Haitian-Americans who in the early years were
supporting LAVALAS. The topic is TRANSPARENCY. A topic
on which LAVALAS and all its supporters have been
QUITE silent.

Why is that?

If the govenment was given/loaned funds to do certain
projects, why is it not as simple to disclose it?

If the Foundation Aristide is functioning just like
any other foundation, why is it not disclosing what
should be part of the public domain?

Since you seem so well informed and well plugged I
would expect that you would answer some of the
questions raised by Pierre Jean and many others.

This is crucial for LAVALAS IF they want to attempt to
even seem like they understand what is at stake for
them and how much they have damaged their image.
(MANY will state that it is too LATE)

NEVER in the past 10 years has LAVALAS even attempted
to come clean on the issue of TRANSPARENCY and
ACCOUNTABILITY. Why?

If you cannot answer this, I would appreciate you
saying so and other members on the list attempting to
come up with an explanation.

I believe that the people of Haiti are owed an
explanation and have the right to ALL information on
the finances of their government and the members of
that govenment.

Marina