18796: Vanderkp: Re: 18777: Burnham: Haitians in Toronto (fwd)

From: vanderkp@uoguelph.ca

My fiance (who is Haitian) and I live near Toronto.  We recently discovered a
little restaurant on Queen West that boasts a "French Creole" menu.  This month
they are also showing paintings by Mireille St-Cyr (a Toronto-based Haitian
artist) celebrating Haiti's bicentennial.  While the food might not classify as
authentically Haitian, the banan peze wasn't too bad!  There were a lot of
Haitians at the restaurant as well, which made us feel like we were right at
home in Haiti.

The restaurant's website is www.oasisrestaurant.ca

Tricia Vanderkooy