18808: Fenton: Mobilization in Canada... (fwd)

From: Anthony Fenton <apfenton@ualberta.ca>

Hi,

I am also wondering about individuals or groups that are organizing in
Canada. If anybody has information to this end, please contact me. It
would seem that if we can bring this crisis into the M20 organizational
context, momentum could be established yielding a greater likelihood of
gains. Whatever anyone feels about this, I assume there is broad
agreement in regards to the necessity of the U.S.'s releasing desperately
needed funds to Haiti. As such, we should recognize that there is a much
larger window of opportunity through which to act than there has been for
several years. Appreciating this, those who legitimately strive for social
justice might want to explore the plurality of available options with a sense
of urgency.

take care,

anthony.

apfenton@ualberta.ca