18966: Wolf: more info re: cap haitien

From: casey wolf <caseyjwolf@yahoo.ca>

pat  wrote:

      Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:07:40 -0800 (PST)
      From: pat    Subject: Re: can you help this man?
      To: casey wolf

      Dear Todd,

      Your letter was forwarded to me as we live in Cap Haitian and are
      currently preparing to leave.  I do not know about any stock of
      food here.  I have not heard about World Food
      here, it might be , but I don't know about it.  The port is still
      operational, and fuel was brought in by ship from PauP last week.
      I am not aware of any foodstuffs arriving however.  I did see a
      representative from the Red Cross and from UNICEF in Cap.   I did
not talk to them.  I was told they were assessing the
situation in Cap.  WE have no supply route at present for food entry.
The market is getting pretty slim.
We will not be here for the next few days or weeks, so I am sorry I can't
help you any.
Thanks so much for your concern, and I do hope you can hep us out.  Our
people need at least our best efforts.  God bless you,  Pat