18975: Esser: Re: 18904: Re: 18874: Esser - Independent Media in Haiti (fwd)

From: D. E s s e r <torx@joimail.com>

I agree with Corbett, that noone can reliably tell others what to
believe
or what's reliable information. I think the best approach is to follow
all
media and then make your own decision on who is better at reporting.
This is not very clear cut in any case: there are many fine journalists
working for papers that are overall very one sided in their reporting.
So essentially you have to judge each article you read etc. against what
you've read before essentially taking an dialectic approach, in the
sense
of Hegel, as you go along.l