18981: Manning: RE: 18895: Corbett: 20,000 American in Haiti and should leave???? (fwd)

From: VenusKarly Manning <venuskarly@hotmail.com>

I don't know if the numbers are that high, but I know of a lot of Haitians
with US Citizenship who are in Haiti.  I also know of older haitian who have
been in the United States for years who have returned because Haiti provides
independence, whereas living in the US only offers them staying locked up
indoors babysitting there grandchildren.  They enjoy the freedom of visiting
friends, taking long walks, the fresh and lack of dealing with unneccessary
US expenses.  Additionally, they could return to the US whenever they want,
and don't have to deal with cold whether.