18991: ForHaiti: They have Cap

From: ForHaiti@aol.com

By PAISLEY DODDS
.c The Associated Press

CAP-HAITIEN, Haiti (AP) - Rebels on Sunday seized the government's last
major
stronghold in the north, Cap-Haitien, shooting off celebratory rounds in
the
air as people looted and torched buildings.

The rebels said they had met little resistance except at the airport,
where
they said eight people were killed in fighting with militants loyal to
President Jean-Bertrand Aristide.

``We came in today and we took Cap-Haitien, tomorrow we take
Port-au-Prince,''
the capital, boasted Lucien Estime, 19. ``Our mission is to liberate
Haiti.''