19001: Dorce: Re: 19675: Pierre Jean: On Lavalas, Accountability and Transparency (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 2/16/04 5:55:49 AM Pacific Standard Time, Pierre Jean
<pierrejean2004@yahoo.com> writes:

<< But how about accountability? How can we be certain
 that the funds that we will be lent to Haiti, which
 will ultimately have to repaid by Haitian taxpayers,
 will be used correctly and not diverted for political
 reasons or used to shore up individuals' bank
 accounts? >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
By all means, as Haiti burns, let's debate the fine points.  While we debate
accountability, shall we talk about accountability of the opposition, who has
done NOTHING for Haiti and everything to stop progress so that Aristide can't
be said to be doing anything positive for the country???  Is it a coincidence
that the coup attempt is taking place as the country celebrates 200 years of
victory over slavery?  I think that is unconscionable!  How self-hating is
that???  Are they so ashamed to be associated with former slaves that they do
whatever they can to appear like their French former masters?  Disgusting.

YES a government must be transparent....(1000 times more transparent than
this administration in the US!!!) and there should be checks and balances built
into the system to ensure this, just as Hyppolite Pierre said in his post
#18979.  But this is an emergency.  Aristide has been running on empty for no other
reason than the US wants to run Haiti.  So do you sympathizers of the
opposition and their armed thugs (convicted criminals) like the idea of the US and
the international community ,of which the US is the master of masters, running
Haiti, a supposedly sovereign country?  If it were me, I'd take that as an
insult.  I'd think that they didn't think I had the brains to do things the right
way myself.  What wanton hubris...no?  HAHAHA....well if that doesn't bother
them, I guess I was wrong about those swollen egos.

Kathy Dorce~