#923: Ginen questions: Another reply

From: ali grrl <legb_a@hotmail.com>

I have been following Gage Averill and Madison Bell's discussion of Ginen,
and I too am interested in the etymological roots of this word.  However, I
am also wondering about the cosmological significance of this term.  As was
pointed out, the term is used to describe Africa, but does it not also
describe some sort of concept of the afterworld? A place of rebirth?  Ginen
has often described to me as being "under the water"?  Perhaps someone could
discuss the multiple meanings of this term, along with its possible origins,
with me?
Alexandra Boutros