#1153: agreeing with Barnes (fwd)

From:Nlbo@aol.com

Corbettland,

I want to side with Josiane. My college son who was born here wants me to
e-mail him in Creole.
Several Haitian students form Harvard have come to my parish wanting to get
involved in the Haitian community. They want to learn Creole. Most americans
I know want to learn Creole.
Therefore, I find this "bilingualism" discussion boring and senseless. It
lacks vitality.

As I said yesterday the issue now should be what kind of system can be
established to support those who are writing in Creole, who want to make
quality reading materials available to Creole speakers, keeping in mind that
the majority of Creole speakers don't have money to buy books. Creole writers
don't have money either to do self -publishings.

I  taught in Creole for 12 years. The kids had no problems learning in
Creole.

Let's talk rather about some of the issues that the youth in the U.S see
themselves facing because of that 300 year discussion.

Nekita